In partnership with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank !
STRATEGIC CONFERENCE PARTNER
DAY 1 : Tuesday 1st November 2022
13h00-13h05 : Welcome speech
Speaker : Ms. Mervat Sultan - WAI-ME President
Master of Ceremony : Mrs. Muna Sulaiman
13h10-13h15 : Keynote speech
Speaker : Mr. Yousif Al Hamadi, President Emirates Aviation Association
13h15-13h25 : APPRECIATION AWARDS CEREMONY
Speaker : WAI-ME
13h25-13h35 : Keynote Speaker – Etihad Airways
Speaker : Dr. Nadia Al Bastaki, Chief Human Resources and Organizational Development (HROD), & Asset Management Officer
13h35-13h40 : WAI video
Speaker : WAI-ME
13h40-13h55 : Storyteller
Speaker : Captain Ghadha, First Officer, Air Arabia
CONFERENCE TOPICS - WOMEN IN AVIATION
The aim of Panel 01 is to highlight the role and prosperity of women in the aviation industry. As well, it will emphasize the importance of empowering women, allowing them to provide value to the aviation industry through their knowledge and experience.
13h55-14h25 : PANEL 01, THE FUTURE OF AVIATION AND THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN DEVELOPMENT
- Role and prosperity of women in the aviation industry.
- Importance of empowering women and adding value in aviation.
Speakers : Mrs. Roula Droubi, Regional Director, Boeing Company
Mrs. Magdalena Lewicka, Global Design Manager - Airports, Honeywell
Ms. Huda Al Shamsi, Vice President, Marketing, Branding & Communication,
Abu Dhabi Airports
Moderator : Mrs. Nadia Gharaybeh, Marketing Manager, DC Aviation Al-Futtaim
14h25-14h30 : Video
14h30-14h45 : Story-Teller
Speaker : Dr. Eng. Suaad Al Shamsi, Technical Advisor, Etihad Airways
The aim of Panel 02: As the aviation market continues to grow, sustainability commitments and efforts are going to be necessary to meet industry and global climate goals. The goal of this panel is to provide insight into where we are at in reaching our industry target.
14h45-15h15 : PANEL 02, SUSTAINIBILITY IN AVIATION
- Importance of sustainability commitments to meet industry and global climate goals.
- How is the industry performing versus the targets?
Speakers : Mr. Linus Benjamin Bauer, CEO, Bauer Aviation Advisory
Mrs. Malak Trabelsi Loeb, Managing Director, Vernewell Management
Moderator : Dr. Tiffany Claire Delport, CEO Envirotech International
15h15-15h30 : Storyteller
Speaker : Mrs. Dina Beljaflah, Vice President, Women in Aviation
The aim of Panel 03: In our industry, the question arises whether our educational institutions keep their curriculums up to date with the latest technologies and innovations. Describe the challenges and difficulties they face to keep pace with the rapid developments in the aviation industry.
15h35-16h05 : PANEL 03, READINESS OF EDUCATION SYSTEM ALIGNED WITH TECHNOLOGY GROWTH
- How updated is aviation educational system in line with the latest technologies and innovations.
- Challenges and opportunities to keep pace with the rapid developments in the aviation industry.
Speakers : Dr. Asma Alnusairi, CEO, 2071 For Management Consultancies and Training
Mrs. Lilit Tshughuryan, Founder and Managing Director Akademikka Training Institute
Moderator : Dr. Gerasimos Kontos, Associate Professor, Abu Dhabi University
16h05-16h10 : Closing
DAY 2 : Wednesday 2nd November 2022
10h-10h15 : United Nations Presentation by Chief Aviation Transportation & Logistics Section
Speaker : Joscha Kremers, Chief Aviation Transportation & Logistics Section, United Nation
The aim of Panel 01 : The aviation industry is very dynamic and by the nature of the international business it operates, any interna-tional development can impact and reshape the industry. This panel discusses the future developments in business aviation across airlines and airports and opportunities across Abu Dhabi to connect to the world and beyond.
10h15-11h : FUTURE GROWTH & DEVELOPMENTS IN AVIATION
- The Future of Aviation Developments – airlines, airports and the future of business aviation
- Connecting Abu Dhabi to the world & beyond
Speakers : Mr. Mohammed Husain Ahmed, Chief Executive Officer, Royal Jet
Mr. Joscha Kremers, Chief Aviation Transportation & Logistics Section, United Nations
Mr. Francois Bourienne, Chief Commercial Officer, Abu Dhabi Airports
Mr. Ibrahim Al Mannaee, Chief Executive Officer, NEXT50
Moderator : Mr. Badr Al Olama, Executive Director, Mubadala
The aim of Panel 02 : Substantiality and green aviation are a key strategic priorities for the aviation business globally and this panel aims at discussing new aviation fuels and developments which support better flights and sustainability and the emerging role of drones to support green sustainability in the aviation business.
11h-11h45 : MAKING AVIATION GREEN
- Sustainability in the aviation ecosystem
- Green Aviation - Better flight efficiency and fuel reduction
- New sustainable fuels and developments
- How drones can support sustainability?
Speakers : Mr. Frank McCrorie, COO, Abu Dhabi Airports
Ms. Mariam Al Qubaisi, Head of Sustainability, Etihad Airways
Mr. Kuljit S. Ghata-Aura, President, Middle East, Turkey & Africa, Boeing International Corporation
Mr. Jason Sutcliffe, Regional Marketing Director - EMEA, Rolls-Royce
Mohamed Showky, Founder & CEO GIS, Drones
Moderator : Professor Richard Curran, Head of Aviation Management, University of London
The aim of Panel 03 : The pandemic impacted every business around the world and in particular, the aviation industry which was hard hit with travel totally paralyzed. On the other hand, air cargo witnessed a phenomenal rise due to distribution of the vaccines and other relief efforts for the pandemic. This panel aims to discuss the post pandemic recovery for aviation and outlines how well the airports and airlines were prepared and more importantly, how can they adapt to the changing needs of the travelers in the future.
11h45-12h30 : EVOLVING ROLE OF AVIATION POST PANDEMIC
- Post Pandemic Recovery for Airlines
- How well prepared were Airlines & Airport services post pandemic?
- Revenge Travel and Impacts on Airlines and Airports
- Changing needs of customers and future of travel?
- Opportunities & Challenges for Airlines
Speakers : Mr. Mark Souter, SVP Aviation Development, Abu Dhabi Airports
Mr. Amer Khan, Vice President Middle East, Africa, & The Sub-Continent, Etihad Airways
Mr. Raghu Seelamonthula, Director, Honeywell
Mr. Sanjeev Gadhia, Chief Executive Officer, Astral Aviation
Moderator : Mr. Sunil Malhotra, Managing Partner, Bchain Consultants
12h30-13h30 : PRESS CONFERENCE - WORLD PREMIER
The aim of Panel 04 : To discuss the importance of air cargo for future growth and the rising role of air freighters in the global economy. Post pandemic, how supply chain challenges are being addressed? and how is the role played by different air cargo stakeholders in the aviation ecosystem is changing?
13h30-14h15 : GROWTH & FUTURE OF AIR CARGO
- Importance of cargo for economic growth
- Air cargo as a key financial contributor to passenger airlines
- Passenger aircrafts to Freighter conversions
- Role of dedicated freighters in the overall ecosystem
- Importance of the role to be played by different stakeholders in air cargo development: airport, airlines, freight forwarders, Government etc.
Speakers : Mr. Steven Polmans, VP Business Development & Free Zone, Commercial, Abu Dhabi Airports
Mr. Bachi Spiga, Head Of Operations, DHL Express Middle East and North Africa
Mr. Martin Drew – SVP Sales and Cargo – Etihad Airways Group
Mr. Jaideep Mirchandani, Chairman & CEO, Skyone Aviation
Mr. Raju Ramineni, Airfreight Director Kerry Logistics
Moderator : Mr. Glyn Hughes, Director General of TIACA
The aim of Panel 05 : Aviation training and development plays a crucial role to ensure that aviation teams are future ready with the changing skills and technologies which will impact the aviation business going forward. How is technology impacting aviation training and development and what needs to be done to stay prepared for the future?
14h15-15h00 : CHANGING ROLE & IMPORTANCE OF AVIATION TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Impact of industry 4.0 emerging technologies on aviation training and curriculum
- Future of Aviation Training & the Metaverse
- Future impacts of technology in aviation education
- Opportunities and challenges in aviation and training
Speakers : Dr. Mark Pierotti, Commercial Director, Abu Dhabi Aviation
Mr. Maximilian Buerger, Director, AFM.aero & Aviationfly.com
Captain Nadhem Al-Hamad, CEO, T3 Training
Moderator : Mr. David Studden, Senior Manager-Business Development & Marketing
Gulf Centre for Aviation Studies (GCAS)
The aim of Panel 06 : Maintenance, repairs and overhauls play a crucial role in the aviation business and this panel will aim to discuss regional trends across MRO’s and the increasing role of OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers) in MRO. It will also outline opportunities for MRO in Abu Dhabi along with how to cope with challenges?
15h00-15h45 : MRO’S AND THE FUTURE OF MAINTENANCE
- Regional trends in MRO’s
- OEM’s and their increasing role in MRO’s
- MRO Opportunities in Abu Dhabi
- Opportunities & Challenges for MRO’s
Speakers : Mr. Kashish Kohli, Group Chief Financial Officer, SANAD
Mr. Francois Bourienne, Chief Commercial Officer, Abu Dhabi Airports
Mr. David Doherty, Head of Sales, Etihad Airways Engineering
Moderator : Mr. Raffi Kasparian, Managing Director, Alton Aviation Consultancy
Mr. Adam Cowburn, Managing Director, Alton Aviation Consultancy
The aim of Panel 07 : Aviation traffic management, safety and security is a core support function in aviation and the panel aims are discussing key trends, opportunities and challenges faced by the business. Airport cyber security, digital traffic controls and other key developments will be discussed against the backdrop of rising costs for aviation security.
15h45-16h30 : AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT & AIRPORT SECURITY
- Key Trends & Challenges
- Airport Cyber Security Services
- Abu Dhabi Airport – case study
- Rising costs for aviation safety
- Digital Traffic Control
Speakers : Mr. Frank McCrorie, Chief Operations Officer, Abu Dhabi Airports
Mr. Ahmed Juma Al Shamsi, Acting Chief Strategy Officer, Abu Dhabi Airports
Ahmed Al Shehhi- Acting Senior Manager Airspace, UAE GCAA
Mr. Mark Greens, Head ANS Projects, GANS
Moderator : Nasser Juma, Vice President, Air Navigation Services, Abu Dhabi Airports
16h30-16h45 : GANS Presentation
DAY 3 : Thursday 3rd November 2022
The aim of Panel 01 : To discuss developments in green mobility and outline the current state, customer requirements along with the UAE infrastructure support. The panel will also discuss emerging trends in the EV sector and how Governments can support growth of green mobility solutions.
09h55-10h15 : AL FUTTAIM PANEL
- Current state of the market and customer appetite
- The UAE infrastructure and support
- How Al-Futtaim Automotive is driving the UAE forward with its green mobility strategy and vision
- Emerging trends in the EV sector
- How a relationship with government is crucial to accelerating the green strategy, and how the UAE is supporting the growth and adoption of green mobility solutions
Speakers : Mr. Vincent Wijnen, Senior Managing Director, AL-FUTTAIM AUTOMOTIVE
Mr. Jonathan Pollock, Regional Managing Director – Emerging Brands, AL-FUTTAIM AUTOMOTIVE
Yousuf AlRaeesi, Director of GCR & HSSE, AL-FUTTAIM AUTOMOTIVE
Moderator : Ms. Claire Lawson, General Manager, IMPACT PORTER NOVELLI
The aim of Panel 02 : Major technology developments have reshaped the vertical take off and landing (eVTOL) hybrid aircrafts which has a game changing influence across the aviation sector. The Panel aims at discussing opportunities and challenges along with some key industry trends and benefits of the eVTOL developments.
10h15-11h : FUTURE OF URBAN MOBILITY – eVTOL HYBRID AIRCRAFT
- Diversity, equality and inclusion in aviation
- Recruitment - challenges & opportunities
- People Sustainability
- Training & development in aviation
Speakers : Aqeel Al Zarooni - Acting Assistant Director General - Aviation Safety, UAE GCAA
Mr. Giorgy Alafinov, Chief Executive Officer, JETKA
Captain Ramandeep Oberoi, Chief Operating Officer and Accountable Manager, Falcon Aviation Services
Mr. Victor Lefevre, Head of MEA, Eve Air Mobility
Moderator : Mr. Jean J. Botti, CEO and CTO, VoltAero
The aim of Panel 03 : Robotics and AI have been a disruptive technology and this panel aims at outlining how these emerging technologies are reshaping the aviation business. It will discuss some key opportunities and challenges along with the much-needed balance required between machines and humans.
11h-11h45 : ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY, AI AND ROBOTICS IN AVIATION
Key opportunities & challenges
The balance between machines & humans
Impact of industry 4.0 emerging technologies on aviation
Cybersecurity & cyber-resilience
- Airport Smart Gates – case study
Speakers : Mr. Sanjay Sharma, Head of Information Technology, Jumeriah International
Mr. Andrew Kendall, Account Director – UAE, MICROSOFT
Mr. Marcello Kekligian, Vice President, Data & Automation, NEXT 50
Mr. Lidor Revah, Co-Founder & CEO, IMPERIUM JETS
Ms. Kanika Tekriwal, Co-Founder and CEO, JETSETGO
Mr. Andrew Murphy, Chief Information Officer, Abu Dhabi Airports
Moderator : Mr. Mazen Thabet, Marketing & Communication Lead, Abu Dhabi Airports
The aim of Panel 04 : Retail services have seen a dramatic shift towards e commerce particularly during Covid-19 and onwards. How is this impacting retail across airports? How are the non-aeronautical services changing the airport retail landscape and what are some key airport retailing trends and opportunities?
11h45-12h30 : RETAIL & SERVICES AT AIRPORTS
Role and value of Non-Aeronautical Services
Airport retail – key trends
Abu Dhabi Airport – opportunities in the future
Speakers : Mr. Gareth Warwick, SVP Retail, Abu Dhabi Airports
Ms. Rafaela Efstathiou, Business Development Manager, Ariadnemaps
Mr. Udaya Indraratana, Founder & CEO, London Executive Coaching & Consulting
Mr. Anupam Saxena, Managing Director, TrueLucent International
Moderator : Mr. Sunil Malhotra, Managing Partner, Bchain Consultants
Abu Dhabi Air Expo is a think tank of the aerospace industry.
Over the course of 3 days, relevant stakeholders from the industry will meet to discuss today’s challenges as well as tomorrow’s opportunities.
Don't miss out on your chance to have a say at one of the industry's leading aviation events!
Conferences at Abu Dhabi Air Expo 2022 will bring together over 80 leading speakers, delegates, thought leaders and industry experts connecting the Middle East (and beyond) aviation & aerospace sector for innovative sessions.
Abu Dhabi Air Expo delivers an excellent conference program throughout the day.
- Free to attend for all industry professionals
- Conveniently located in the center of the exhibition
- Three day agenda featuring Aviation thought leaders, C-Level Speakers and Panelists
Why you should attend the Abu Dhabi Air Expo 2022 Conferences
- Hear from diverse, high-level speakers from aviation thought leaders, regulators and operators
- See the latest technology innovations breaking into the market and propelling the Middle East industry
- Engage with experts from across the industry and find out about developments throughout the three-day event
- Learn through attending one of the exciting panels and sessions to deepen your knowledge and get the conversation going
- Meet with peers and gain a competitive advantage with unlimited networking opportunities, allowing you to make business connections with new customers and suppliers
- Bench-mark with the leading global best practices to align to changing trends
- Network with aviation industry leaders and operational practitioners
- Grow your knowledge and insights into the aviation industry